Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend, Weekend

One word: hiking.


Saturday: with David, a Hungarian I actually met in St. Petersburg last fall! My roommate and I met David and his friend Feri, and we climbed Gellert Hill. I learned how to say a lot of really simple things in really poor Hungarian, so that was really good. I also buffed up my children's songs repertoire. We reached the Liberty Statue that is at the top of the hill in my Buda picture a few posts ago. A good climb for sure.










Sunday: with several AIESECers (AIESEC: the international student organization I found the internship through); we climbed a hill in Látóhegy and took a cog-wheel train for some reason. It was awesome because I met several really interesting people from all over the world, and it is so nice to have friends in the city!!! I learned a lot about flightless birds in New Zealand and getting to Bulgaria by car... and met a girl who has no brothers/sisters because of China's one child policy (which, of course, I've read so much about but it's different to meet someone it has actually affected!) Anyway everyone knows English really well and I got a lot of questions answered about the city and everything. After this weekend, I am so happy to be here!!! Too much fun :)

Sziasztok ('bye!)
-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment