Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Video about HUNGARY :D

HUNGARY: World of Potentials

Cute video (I promise it's more interesting than it looks!) about Hungary! And now I'm obsessed with the song played during it - it is a modern version of a Hungarian folk song. Anyway, enjoy!

-Em

Some thoughts:
Hungary in general seems very under-rated, at least from my American view. Budapest especially equals and possibly surpasses other major cultural/historical/tourist Central European cities like Prague and Vienna, yet so many people have barely even heard the name. Hungary, apparently, has gifted the world with a slew of inventions (were you surprised with any? I know I was). Anyway I think this video is part of a campaign to revamp Hungary's image (or, in my opinion, get foreigners up to speed). I hope it happens.

The song title translates as "Fly, bird, fly" and the band, Balkan Fanatik, has won awards for world music and for preserving Hungarian folk songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment